Win $1000 during the Wilder Wilder Everywhere Video Contest!
As part of the ongoing celebration of the 75th anniversary of Our Town, and in recognition of Thornton Wilder’s position as one of the preeminent chroniclers of American life, Playscripts, Inc. and The Wilder Family LLC have created the Wilder Wilder Everywhere Video Contest.
To enter, create a video that either faithfully dramatizes, or adapts one of the playlets listed below into a short film. Wilder’s plays present a universal and timeless vision of American life; your videos are an opportunity to stage his work in your America. Playscripts and the Wilder Family would love to see videos filmed in unexpected, intriguing or iconic settings all over America- from the top of Mount Rushmore to the bottom of your neighborhood swimming pool.
Entrants may use any of the following Wilder playlets for their entry:
– Nascuntur Poetae…
– Proserpina and the Devil
– Fanny Otcott
– Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
– The Penny that Beauty Spent
– Brother Fire
– The Angel on the Ship
– The Message and Jehanne
– The Christmas Interludes II
– Flamingo Red
– Mozart and the Gray Steward
– The Angel that Troubled the Waters
You can read the complete versions of these playlets on the Playscripts website. They have collected them into a single document for the contest.
During the submission period (January 14th-28th) you may upload your video to Playscript’s Facebook event page, and encourage your friends and family to “like” your video on the page.
– Your video must use all the original characters from the selected playlet, but feel free to add characters.
– Your video must contain at least 5 lines of dialogue (one line is defined as at least one sentence long) from the selected playlet. The lines of dialogue do not have to be consecutive.
– Your video must be between 90 seconds and 3 minutes.
– The videos with the most “likes” will advance to the finals.
– Please review the full contest rules here: http://www.playscripts.com/wildercontest
October 8, 2012 – The contest begins
January 14, 2013 – Submissions open and public voting begins at 12:00 AM EST.
January 28, 2013- Submissions and public voting are closed at 12:00 PM EST. Finalists will be announced later that day.
February 8, 2012- The Winner is announced!
$1000 cash prize to the creator(s) of the winning video!
*Persons under the age of 18 may appear in or collaborate on the video, however, videos featuring minors must be submitted by a person over the age of 18, and a video release form must be signed by the guardians of all minors appearing in the video.
For complete information, please visit the contest website.
About Playscripts, Inc.
Playscripts, Inc. is an independent publisher of new plays and musicals, established in 1998 by brothers and playwrights Doug and Jonathan Rand for the mutual benefit of playwrights and theaters worldwide. Visit them online at http://www.playscripts.com/.
About The Wilder Family LCC
The Wilder Family LLC manages the literary and media rights to Thornton Wilder’s works around the world. Visit them online at http://www.thorntonwilder.com/.